|Dimensions||8L X 8W X 13D|
How Spec-Check® Works:
Spec-Check® septic sand sampling enables the user to evaluate the sand quickly, onsite and before construction proceeds in order to determine whether the supplied material meets specs.
- Spec-Check® consists of an integrated system of screens of various sizes contained inside a transparent container.
- A sand sample is applied along with a small amount of water; after the device is agitated for a few minutes, the sample will be sorted based on the particle sizes of its content.
- A Spec-Check® analysis gives a “go / no-go” indication in order to assist the user in determining whether the material can be used for a particular purpose, if a full sieve analysis is required, or if an alternative supply of aggregate is needed.
- Unlike a lab analysis, the Spec-Check® does not need the sample to be oven-dried to remove all its moisture content.
- The device is small and easy to operate, making onsite examination of materials a quick and cost-effective alternative to expensive and time-consuming sieve analyses by a laboratory.
- Less than 10 minute cycle
Why is System Sand so important?
The System Sand that surrounds the AES and Enviro-Septic® pipes enhances the supply of oxygen and facilitates efficient dispersal of treated wastewater. In order for the System Sand to function optimally, it is critical that the correct type and amount of System Sand is used when constructing the System. We recommend installers to get a sieve analysis done to ensure the sand being supplied meets System Sand specifications. See our technical bulletin for an in depth discussion on System Sand functions and the importance of obtaining a sieve analysis.